Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Fantastic Fourth!

Well, I had an EXCELLENT Fourth of July, yesterday! It was the Oldest Ninja's fourteenth birthday, so we had LOTS of company in and out all day long. I got to help entertain her party guests while they were in the backyard hanging out and, later, when they moved to the front yard, the Littlest Ninja sprang me from the backyard so I could still hang with them! She then, inexplicably ABANDONED me, though...climbing up a tree and nesting there! But, fortunately, her little friend from across the street was there to help me keep my vigil over the Older Ninja and her friends!









Later in the evening, we all went to the local college (where the Spokesguy teaches). They always have a huge celebration with lots booths and live music and a huge fireworks display at the end of the evening. I LOVED it there. Littlest Ninja took me all over the place, and everywhere we went, people stopped to pet me and talk to me and FEED ME!!! There were a lot of people too full to eat the last third of their hamburgers!!! I was on my very best behavior. I never pulled on the lead once as Littlest Ninja steered me through the crowds! And, whenever a little person came up and wanted to pet me, I automatically went into a "down" so I wouldn't forget and bounce around while they pet me! At first the Spokeswoman was telling me each time, "Down", but, I'm a quick learner and soon saw the pattern...tiny kid approaching means LAY DOWN!!! So, I just started doing it automatically without even being told! There were LOTS of little bitty kids running around and ALL of them wanted to pet me! The Spokeswoman was a bit surprised that there were so many two and three year olds with no apparent parent in sight...but, then, it is a small town we live in...parents don't hover quite so closely to their kids here (even if the Spokespeople still treat the Ninjas, even the FOURTEEN year old, like they still live in a large metropolitan area).














I've never seen fireworks before. (I was just born June 15th of last year.) They were quite intriguing. The noise didn't bother me a bit, of course, but the fireworks were SO CLOSE that they filled the entire sky and looked for all the world like they were going to rain sparks right down upon us! The Spokeswoman says that last year they had ash falling on them from the fireworks! Rivie went last year and though she doesn't mind the noise either, she DID NOT LIKE the VISUAL aspect of sparks coming so close to her. She told me she was GLAD they didn't take her this year!

At first, I thought we were in danger and I ought to be clearing everyone out of there, but the Ninjas were all relaxed and laughing and sitting there quite unworried, so, I soon figured out that it was probably safe enough! Unlike Rivie, I was FASCINATED by the closeness of those fireworks. I couldn't tear my eyes away from them! I laid there with my ears pricked forward and my eyes GLUED to the action. It was pretty exciting! I spent the rest of the night laying out on the patio, instead of in my doghouse, trying to catch sight of a few more fireworks in the sky!

6 comments:

Stella said...

Wow, Ransom, what a wonderful weekend. It shows also that YOU can be sweeter than the sweetest sugar candy, if you wanna be!

I love that the littlest Ninja takes you about, and that you make it easy for her.

A nice summertime thing, right?

Kisses,
Stella

the magic sleigh said...

Wooo! I am not only lad to see you back online, but very impressed with how well you behaved at the fireworks. This year I decided I did not like them. And let everyone know it.
-Kira The BeaWootiful

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I bet some sisfur of yours will be jealous!

It SOOOOO looks like woo had lots and lots of fun!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Princess Eva and Brice said...

A great day for you - food and an adoring public.

Clive said...

What a brillant day you had Ransom! Great to see you enjoy fireworks just as much as I do!

Take care
Clive

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That sounds like a superb 4th of July!!! Lots of good food and so many people to see. Mom agrees with your mom, those little ones need supervision - no place is too small for something to happen.

We think that shot of the littlest ninja in the tree is beyond gorgeous.

Woos, the OP Pack