Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day EIGHT of Confinement...

The price I pay for being such an amazing dog...

Today, I confronted the Spokeswoman about this whole puppy thing. I mean, GABS should have been the one stuck mothering a bunch of little fur-brats, not me! GABS is the one that has the typical beauty people look for in a German Shepherd...she's the one that would excel at life on the pageant runway. She's the one with the stereotypical movie star looks. Not me! Even though I AM exotically beautiful (thanks to Mom's genes!), I'm just not a show dog. So, what's up with choosing ME to carry on the family genes?

Well, it seems that in spite of all her more obnoxious qualities, my Spokeswoman does have good sense in some areas... It turns out that she is much more interested in temperament than conventional beauty. She says that I am the most intelligent of all my brothers and sisters and the quickest at problem solving. (Well, of course! Everyone knows that!) Further, I am the most courageous of them all. And though I am aggressive, I have a very stable, reliable disposition. In short, I have always possessed the most finely honed guard dog instincts of my entire litter. I am police dog material. (That's pretty obvious! Thanks to DAD'S genes!) In fact, of all the pups, my temperament and instincts are the most like Dad's. So, that is why the Spokeswoman is trying to talk me into this wretched idea for a year and a half from now.

She does not have ME convinced.

Will I ever see Dexter again?...

5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

She hasn't khonvinced me either...

I'll see if I khan't spring woo...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Army of Four said...

I just don't think you should be forced into this, Ransom. Think of all the puppies ... and the puppies they'll produce ... and the puppies they'll produce ... and ... well, you know.
Do you want to come hide under my dining room table? No one will find you under there - honest!
Love,
Ammy

Anonymous said...

Poor Ransom, you're still miserable, aren't you? Hopefully, your confinement will be over soon and you can have fun again. I can tell you're related to Zeke - he thinks a lot, too.

See ya!
Joey

Suzuki said...

Beg fur some more time Ransom!
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Mic said...

Hah! I shut her right up this morning!!!...I told her I had given it ample consideration and had come to the conclusion that a compromise was in order... I will have one pup for every new little Ninja SHE brings into the family. THAT shut her up quick because she, as she is forever reminding us all, is "too old and tired" to keep up with any more Ninjas!