Sunday, April 5, 2009

How to Deal with Clingy People

Yesterday, Kenney and Jean came down from Kansas City to visit me! Of course the obnoxious Spokeswoman always thinks everything is all about HER, so she kept butting in on my company.

Further adding to my irritation was that Jean thought we needed a photo shoot together. Mind you, I don't mind posing for pictures--it comes with the turf when you are as famous and popular as I am--but I cannot abide with people HANGING on me. It's okay for the Ninjas to do it, because they are small and cute and who could tell them, "No!"...but GROWN people--that's a different story. Don't these people have any sense of decorum or DIGNITY?! My pet peeve is grown people hanging all over me! Don't get me wrong, I LIKE Jean...I would just like her better from across the room!









I'm pretty adept at gently enforcing my boundaries, though. I just gave Jean a sloppy, wet kiss right across her face and the moment she reflexively reached up to wipe the slobber off her face (thus only securing me by ONE distracted hand instead of the former two-handed death-grip!) I made a break for it! Works every time...even with small Ninjas!

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Well done Ransom!

I better she never even saw it khoming!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Allison Walton said...

Hi Ransom! We saw yur inturvyoo wif Bark Kent and we thot we wood stop and say haroo! We wuv meeting noo friends.

We luv dooing dis to arr mommee. She nevur knows it'z cuming!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, you sent her flying, Ransom! hehehehe
I'm not the huggie type either!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Way to go, Ransom. She looked like she was going to hold on to you forever.

Woos, the OP Pack