Monday, June 15, 2009

A Really NOISY Duck!!!

Would you BELIEVE it? With all the patrolling the Border Collie and I have done through the house, we never found the MOTHER LODE. That's because the Sitter Girl had it next door at HER house! She brought it all over bright and early this morning in a big box and proceeded to unpack it right in our living room AFTER she INVITED me in! She explained that the Ninjas and the Spokespeople had given her that box with instructions that she was not to bring it over until MY BIRTHDAY!!! Inside was a decent assortment of dog treats. Not as good a package of bacon, but, at least the Spokespeople TRIED...it is the THOUGHT that counts, you know!

And, this is the good part!!!, there was a little duck that has a motion detector and goes into spasms of panicked quacking every time is it moved the least little bit. Quite appealing!!! I love to just sit there and stare at it until it has finished it's paroxym of quacking, then nudge it ever so slightly with my nose to start it squawking afresh! Best of all, the Ninjas tied a rope around its neck so it can be swung through the air just like my beloved flying rabbit! Nothing is better than a toy soaring five feet off the ground!!! I just love jumping after my toys!!!!

Sitter Girl promised me she will swing my duck for me once we get back outside!!!

Now, I am trying to decide if I should just gulp down ALL(!) my treats before the Sitter Girl puts me back outside, or if I should take them outside with me to share with the pushy Border Collie and the bottomless pit Goofy Newfie....hmmmm.....






"Yup, Sitter Girl, I'm ONE year old TODAY!!!"

(Sitter Girl's mother has a camera...wish I had KNOWN that about FIVE DAYS AGO!!!)

14 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That was furry nice of those hoomans that deserted woo fur your birthday to at least pretend to be sorry they are gone!

Happy Birthday BeaWOOtiful!

Have fun with your dukhk!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Golden Samantha said...

Oh so, so sorry I missed your barkday - your first!!!! Happy birthday Ransom, you gorgeous creature! Those are some pressies! And you are so good to pose in front of them, rather than try to gnaw into them voraciously as I would! Happy Bday again!
Hugs xo
Sammie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

How thoughtful of the family to have remembered your special day. When they get back, you have to show us a video of you with that silly duck.

Happy Birthday, Ransom.

Woos, the OP Pack

Stella said...

Happy Birthday, Ransom!

I am happy you got a nice duck toy that you like and other goodies too.

The Ninjas are probably sitting sobbing somewhere realizing they are missing your first birthday. They will make it up when they get home!

Love,

Stella

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ransom! That's a really cute picture of you posing with all your treats behind you. Your sitter girl looks very nice - I don't know about that duck, though.

See ya!
Joey

Achieve1dream said...

Happy Birthday Ransom!! It looks like you lucked out! Your Mom needs to tell my Mom where she got the duck. I have to have one!

Jackal

the TN Bull Terrors said...

We knew yer Spokeswoman & the Ninjas wouldn't forget you! No one can be that bad! Happy Birfday Ransom!

Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella ^..^

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Happy Barkday Ransom!!!!! That's quite a haul of treats AND a noisy toy. Please ask sitter girl to give you a birthday smooch from us.

Brice & Eva

Gabby Pachis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER....I LOVE YOU AND I MISS YOU!!

Jean said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANSOM!!! Sorry it's after midnight, making me late but hope you had a good one!

Clive said...

Happy 1st birthday Ransom.

That photo of you sitting in front of all your treats is great! Well, at least they did remember to leave some presents behind even if they did desert you!

and sitter-girl seems very nice and is looking after you very well!

lots of woofs
Clive

Kimberly said...

happy barkday Ransom...

I love your hair... wish I had thicker hair but I'm a Weimaraner and it'd be weird for me to have a lot of hair I guess..

high five
bell

Allison Walton said...

Happy barkday, Ransom! Seems like Sitter Girl is treating you very well!

wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Mochi and Bali said...

Happy Birthday Ransom! That duck looks fun!

Mochi